"This elaborate Victorian mansion was built in 1887 for musician and author Jesse Shepard. After Jesse Shepard left San Diego in 1889, the house went through a succession of owners, due to the severe downturn in San Diego’s economy. Nevertheless, the poor fortune of many of the house’s owners was chalked up to a curse of some sort. Shepard held seances here in which he was known to "channel" famous composers and musicians while playing the piano. Docents have stated that there are secret passages throughout the house that might have been used to trick his audience. Currently owned and maintained by the San Diego Historical Society, public tours of the Villa have temporarily been discontinued."
Member's SectionMurphy's Ranch
Anza Borrego Desert
LHOOQ/EXREALISM Vintage Bookstore
Cuyamaca State Park