Hidden San Diego is teaming up with local Julian businesses to throw a community-based Scavenger Hunt! Think of this as upscale geo-caching with beautiful eggs that have valuable prizes inside! We will be disclosing the clues and location via email to those who subscribe to the hunt. See the past winners & their prizes on this page!
Enter your email below to receive more information come closer to the date!
Check out our winners and prizes from last year HERE
Learn more about the companies who are donating prizes!
1 – Fort Cross Old Timey Adventures
– A fun, hands-on adventure business that specializes in education and entertainment! Living history, camping, agriculture, music, and so much
You will win: $100 gift certificate good toward activities during these annual events:
Lilac Festival, Autumn Jubilee, or Holiday Hayride
2 – Alter Experiences
– Alter Experiences LLC is an outdoor hospitality movement based in the high mountains of San Diego’s backcountry. We’re dedicated to creating meaningful experiences in nature & encouraging sustainable tourism development globally.
You will win: 2 Glamping Getaways: Weekday stay for 2 people at Fort Cross $150 value and a Weekday stay for 2 people in the Tree Tents at Mount Laguna $130 value
3 – Julian Olde Time Photo
An adventure in costume photography! Get ready for a grand ol’ time because you’re going to get dressed up in old west get up! Shenanigans are waiting to be had!
Imagine yourself as a saloon gal, a gunslinger, a frontier lady, a dandy gambler, a cowgirl, or a cowboy. A large selection of costumes in a variety of styles and sizes. Also available are chokers, holsters, gloves, bandannas, hats or feather headbands to add the finishing touches to the costume.
You will win: Full photo shoot for 2 people ($50 value)
5 – Jeremy’s On The Hill
Welcome to Jeremy’s on the Hill located at the gateway to historic Julian, California!
We offer fresh, seasonal, organic, healthy, local and outstanding cuisine. As a family owned and operated business, we specialize in fresh and sumptuous steaks, seafood, burgers, salads, desserts and more, and are proud to be one of Julian’s finest restaurants. Our philosophy behind California cuisine is keep it fresh, keep it simple, and keep it tasting great.
Come see why Jeremy’s on the Hill has become Southern California’s destination restaurant at the gateway to the romantic old gold mining town of Julian, in the mountains above San Diego.
You will win: $50 gift certificate
6 – Kathy’s Dress Shop
– Kathy’s Dress Shop is in downtown Julian, in the historic Frary House. We offer ladies fine fashions, jewelry, purses, and lovely gifts. We also have a delightful garden setting for those who want to sit, relax, and enjoy the beautiful mountain air.
You will win: $25 gift certificate
7 – Julian’s Toy Chest
– Candles and Nostalgic Toys
You will win: Gift basket of toys $20 value
– 2116 Main St. Julian CA – 619 985 7372
8 – Wynola Flats Produce
– The best fruit stand in Julian!
You will win: $35 gift certificate
10 – Wynola Junction Antiques & Collectibles
– Wynola Junction is a 3,500 square foot Antique Mall.
The building was originally a fruit packing shed for the apple growers in the area. Now with more than 30 quality dealers, there is a wonderful variety of collectibles and antiques, glassware, dishes, enamelware, quilts, yard-art, toys, tools, books, jewelry, furniture and much more.
You will win: $25 Gift Certificate to spend in the store & one bar of Earthdance Julian Apple Pie Soap $5 total value
11- Julian Blacksmith Boutique
A unique storefront offering locally made gifts, home decor and more.
You will win: a horseshoe heart! $25 value
4470 Hwy 78, Julian CA 92036
12- Julian Old Well
2102 3rd St, Julian, CA 92036
Housed in the 100-year-old Julian livery; The Old Well is a fifty-foot deep hand dug vertical cavern. The wells function in the old-world brings an appreciation of life and heritage into the modern day. Now, The Old Well has been adapted into a unique and constructive space of modern popular music and art.
You will win: $20 gift certificate
14- Regulars Wanted Beanery
– Beanery, a turn of the century term used for an affordable place to eat often serving beans. When in culinary school I craved beans like I could get here on every corner but were virtually nonexistent where we lived. So I cooked them almost every weekend. I discovered heirloom beans and fell in love with the varieties from Purcell Mountain Farms & Rancho Gordo. I even featured them in my creative final exam. We plan to have a rotating variety of heirloom refried beans (vegan) as well as other seasonal varieties in soups, salads, & chilis. The other part is of course 50% of the business is coffee. So we sourced some delicious fair trade certified organic coffee from my favorite roaster and old neighbor Café Virtuoso.
Lastly, the town of Julian mirrors the late 1800’s thus Beanery compliments the town era.
You will win: 2 Gift Certificates for $20 each (one time use)