This was our second time staying at one of Rental with a View's properties and once again it was an over-the-top experience for us! This company really lives up to its name, providing beautiful cityscape views every time!
This specific property, the Luxury Bay View Retreat, is located in Mission Hills with 270 degree views of downtown San Diego, the airport, San Diego Bay and Coronado Island. It turns out this property was even featured on the Travel Channel's story on leading vacation rentals in San Diego!
The 3 bedroom, 2-bath home has floor-to-ceiling windows in the kitchen, dining room and master suite. We slept in the master bedroom and got to continue our view enjoyment to the very last minute. I will note that this property will not be for everyone due to the close proximity to both the airport and coaster. There are city noises 24/7.
Who it might be for are people who love the city or want a city experience and I feel like kids (and adults) who are obsessed with planes will LOVE this spot. We spent a long time just watching the planes land and take off. It was actually a lot of fun!
There is also a balcony hot tub here which I highly recommend enjoying. We went in for sunset and just basked in the views. I definitely do not go in hot tubs or baths often enough because when I came out, all the knots in my body were gone. It was like a 2-in-1 experience in there, doubling as a deep-tissue massage!
The attention to detail in this home is pretty remarkable. I mean, there is even an iPad installed into one of the cabinets! I grabbed the detail list from their site which includes:
* The master bedroom has a Tempurpedic Deluxe Cloud king-size bed, private 4-piece bathroom, large walk-in closet and private balcony with use of the luxurious 3-seater jacuzzi overlooking San Diego Harbor.
* The second bedroom has a large closet, cozy queen bed, vaulted ceilings modern décor, and access to front deck.
* The third bedroom has a king bed, vaulted ceilings, gorgeous décor, and access to the front deck.
* Two luxurious full bathrooms with over $40K in upgrades. Zen-inspired master bathroom features jetted tub with glass chandelier, walk-in shower with soothing travertine stone, Toto electric toilet/bidet, and vessel sink.
* The second bathroom is equipped with huge walk-in shower, 3 wall-mounted body sprayers, custom LED lighting, and Italian glass tile.
* The kitchen is a chef's DREAM! Come home from long day and enjoy cooking your favorite recipe while enjoying the sunset views. It is equipped with high-end stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, Miele induction cooktop, plus two wine and beverage coolers for your use.
* The living room features an over-sized sectional couch to snuggle up on, a 60” high def TV with 200+ premium channels, Netflix, Amazon, and dozens of other streaming services, beautiful modern decorations
* The enormous 500SF balcony with seating for 10 and panoramic views of downtown and San Diego Harbor
Other Features Include:
* Blazing fast wireless Internet
* Dedicated parking in the 2-car garage
* Private LG washer and dryer
* Beach gear (located in garage) - selection may vary from what is pictured
This was our bedroom for the evening:
And a super-spacious bathroom including a jacuzzi bathtub!
The patio deck views were truly next level!
We made sure to take advantage of the hot tub situation. Not only were the views spectacular, but the hot tub seemed to take every knot out of my body. It felt like having a deep tissue massage. I felt SO good afterward!
Our friends visited us for a couple hours Here I am spying on one of them from the hot tub as she enjoyed the sunset:
We decided to take a neighborhood walk for sunset. Right off the bat we found a secret pathway and secret stairs!
The views are stunning all throughout the neighborhood!
When we got back from our walk, the sun was down and we got to enjoy the views from a whole new perspective!
Here was our view from our bed for the evening!