Warner Springs is a small unincorporated community in northern San Diego County, California. It is associated with two National Historic Landmarks, the Oak Grove Butterfield Stage Station and Warner’s Ranch, both connected to the Butterfield Overland Mail stagecoach line. It is also near the Palomar Observatory and Warner Springs Ranch. It is also a popular area for Gliding due to the topography of the area.
Juan Jose Warner received the 26,689-acre (108.01 km2) Rancho San Jose del Valle Mexican land grant in 1844, and renamed the area Warner Springs. He established a trading post that served travellers between New Mexico and Los Angeles